Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Many Mothers

Moon, Sun and Earth/Underworld - The Mothers
Monica Sjoo
2000
 
Meyn Mamvro is the magazine of ancient stones and sacred sites in Cornwall. It has been published regularly 3 times a year since 1986, and, taken together, all the editions contain a wealth of original material about the prehistory and ancient customs of Cornwall.
 
 
Sometimes I feel a lonesomeness for the ancient stones and sacred spaces of my ancestor's small green soggy island.  As the Australia spring yellow-wattle dances towards me, I ache for lands I may never set my human eyes upon in this lifetime. 
 
I remember Monica Sjoo, Merlin Stone, Asphodel Long and Marija Gimbutas and experience the depth of my own perceived inadequacies, the width of my imagined failures and the heights of my pie-in-the-sky ambitions. 
 
I remember the old days, the days of bronze and story.  I miss my people.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment