Sunday, September 9, 2012

Cerebral Edema: and why taking a Bex and having a nap is not a good idea



"I am learning to understand rather than immediately judge or to be judged. I cannot blindly follow the crowd and accept their approach. I will not allow myself to indulge in the usual manipulating game of role creation. Fortunately for me, my self-knowledge has transcended that and I have come to understand that life is best to be lived and not to be conceptualized. I am happy because I am growing daily and I am honestly not knowing where the limit lies. To be certain, every day there can be a revelation or a new discovery. I treasure the memory of the past misfortunes. It has added more to my bank of fortitude." ~ Bruce Lee (1940-1973)

An article of the S. China Post writes "When a doctor warned him not to inflict too much violence on his body, Bruce dismissed his words:

'the human brain can subjugate anything, even real pain' --Bruce Lee.


When asked in 1972 what his religious affiliation was, he replied "none whatsoever." Also in 1972, when asked if he believed in God, he responded, "To be perfectly frank, I really do not."

On 10 May 1973, Lee collapsed in Golden Harvest studios while doing dubbing work for the movie Enter the Dragon. Suffering from seizures and headaches, he was immediately rushed to Hong Kong Baptist Hospital where doctors diagnosed cerebral edema.


On 20 July 1973, Lee was in Hong Kong, due to have dinner with former James Bond star George Lazenby, with whom he intended to make a film.  Lee met producer Raymond Chow at 2 p.m. at home to discuss the making of the film Game of Death. They worked until 4 p.m. and then drove together to the home of Lee's colleague Betty Ting, a Taiwanese actress. Later Lee complained of a headache, and Ting gave him an analgesic (painkiller), Equagesic, which contained both aspirin and a muscle relaxant.

Around 7:30 p.m., Bruce Lee went to lie down for a nap.

Lee was 32 years old.

Donald Teare, a forensic scientist, concluded that death was caused by an acute cerebral edema due to a reaction to compounds present in the prescription pain killing drug Equagesic.




Image and text thieved from Bruce Lee as Munna

No comments:

Post a Comment