Sunday, May 20, 2012

Kiss My Ring

There is much kerfuffle and speculation within astrological circles about the annular eclipse and I found myself ponderosing about Saturn.  Found myself thinking:

If I emptied myself of everything I have read about the qualities astrologists have applied to Saturn, then what would I know about Saturn?

Turning to astronomy, I know that Saturn is the sixth planet from the Sun - the sixth or the sickest planet?

I know that Saturn is twice as far from Earth as Jupiter and that its most distinctive feature is the complex system of rings that surrounds it.  Saturn has a large family of moons.

I also just found out that my username in a well-known astrological forum, happens to be the name of one of Saturn's moons : Phoebe, which travels backwards.

The planet Saturn is visible to the nake eye for about 10 months of each year, and it looks like a bright yellowish star.  Except planets don't twinkle.

If we stripped Saturn of all its negative associations and looked at it the way we look at any other planet, we would approach its natal meaning and its lessons by transit with the assumption that the laws Saturn governs would be taught to us by the most cosmically efficient and graceful means possible. We will have noticed that the universe functions this way with the other planets, and we would expect Saturn to be no exception.

Imagine what our lives would be like if encountering an obstacle were just like any other event… except that we paid more attention.
~ Extracted from 'Saturn Without Suffering' by Jessica Murray, 2005

A little suffering is good for the soul ~ Leonard 'Bones' McCoy


  








No comments:

Post a Comment